CSP Elite Baseball Development Podcast: Multifaceted Pitching Development with Matt Hinkley
Written on February 4, 2022 at 9:23 am, by Eric Cressey
We’re excited to welcome Cressey Sports Performance – Florida pitching coordinator Matt Hinkley to this week’s podcast for a discussion on a range of pitching topics, including:
- How to connect the dots between pitching mechanics and strength and conditioning
- How to employ high-speed cameras for pitch design
- Why it’s so important to plan the yearly competitive calendar
- When to use subtle adjustments vs. broad overhauls
- Why he’s more of a “pitching manager” than a “pitching coach”
- Why the mental side of pitching can never be overlooked
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. It’s a NSF-certified all-in-one superfood supplement with 75 whole-food sourced ingredients designed to support your body’s nutrition needs across 5 critical areas of health: 1) energy, 2) immunity, 3) gut health, 4) hormonal support, and 5) healthy aging. Head to www.AthleticGreens.com/cressey and claim my special offer today – 10 FREE travel packs – with your first purchase. I use this product daily myself and highly recommend it to our athletes as well. I’d encourage you to give it a shot, too – especially with this great offer.
If you like what you hear, we’d be thrilled if you’d consider subscribing to the podcast and leaving us an iTunes review. You can do so HERE.
And, we welcome your suggestions for future guests and questions. Just email email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support!
Sign-up Today for our FREE Baseball Newsletter and Receive Instant Access to a 47-minute Presentation from Eric Cressey on Individualizing the Management of Overhead Athletes!