Skip to content
- 2 scoops (63g) BPN Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (56g) coconut flour
- ⅔ cup (160g) Swerve granular sweetener (or other sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)*
- 2 tbsp. chia seed eggs**
- 5 tbsp. (70g) vegan butter (or light butter), melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
*Swerve is a sugar free sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar. You can sub for regular sugar, coconut sugar, or any other sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar. Swerve can be found in the baking aisle of most groceries or on Amazon.
**If not specifically making a vegan recipe, you can use regular whole eggs and regular butter. Do NOT sub the protein for whey as it will dry out and will not lend to a moist, fudgy brownie!
**Chia seed eggs are made by mixing chia seeds and water. Once combined, they become gelatinous, kind of like the texture of an egg.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 glass baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Swerve sweetener, flax / chia eggs, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir together until a smooth, thick brownie batter forms. FOld in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes. The center should seem slightly gooey and the edges should be cooked. Be careful not to over bake or they will dry out! They are better to undercook and have them with a more fudge like texture.
- Let completely cool, cut into 8 brownies, and enjoy!
Yield: 8 brownies
Nutrition (per brownie): 150 calories, 10 protein, 13 carbs, 7 fat, 4 fiber, 5 sugar.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments);if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n; n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0';n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e);s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js');