The Best of 2020: Guest Posts
Written on December 28, 2020 at 2:32 pm, by Eric Cressey
I’ve already highlighted the top articles and videos I put out at EricCressey.com in 2020, so now it’s time for the top guest posts of the year. Here goes…
1. Progression Strategies for Back Hip Loading – In this article, Cressey Sports Performance – MA pitching coordinator Jordan Kraus shared some strategies for improving back hip loading in the pitching delivery. Once you read it, however, you’ll recognize that these strategies are universal for progressing this important competency for any rotational sport athlete.
2. Arm Care: Why Are We Still Talking About Down and Back? – Eric Schoenberg, who serves as a physical therapist at Cressey Sports Performance – Florida, discusses one of the most misunderstood cues with respect to upper extremity health.
3. Taking Proteus Motion for a Spin – Last December, we brought in a new technology – Proteus Motion – to Cressey Sports Performance – Florida to try out for the offseason, and we integrated it at CSP-MA shortly thereafter. It goes without saying that we found some excellent benefits, and in this guest contribution, physical therapist Tanner Allen elaborates on them.
4. 4 Training Principles to Make the Most of Your Speed Work – With so many people getting outside to sprint in light of gyms closing during the pandemic, it was a good time for CSP-FL coach Derek Kambour to reflect on important training approaches to help them all move efficiently.
5. Sandbag Training for Baseball Players – We’ve been using sandbags a lot more in our training these days, and it’s largely due to the influence of physical therapist Dan Swinscoe, who delivered an awesome inservice to our staff on the topic. Here’s a guest post from Dan that highlights the how and why of using sandbags.
I’ll be back soon with more highlights from 2020.
Sign-up Today for our FREE Newsletter and receive a four-part video series on how to deadlift!