The Best of 2022: Guest Posts
Written on December 28, 2022 at 4:03 am, by Eric Cressey
I’ve already highlighted the top articles I put out at EricCressey.com in 2022, so now it’s time for the top guest posts of the year. Here goes…
1. Exercise of the Week: Barbell Drop Split-Squat – Cressey Sports Performance – MA coach Ethan Dyer introduced a single-leg progression that delivers some extra benefits over classic lunges and split squats.
2. 5 Warm-up Options to Improve Hip Extension – The ability to access hip extension while the opposite hip flexes is crucial in sprinting, throwing, hitting, and a myriad of other athletic endeavors. In this article, Cressey Sports Performance – Florida coach Dylan Lidge outlined a few dynamic ways to challenge hip extension in a warm-up.
3. 5 Drills for Dynamic Trunk Deceleration – Cressey Sports Performance – Florida coach Eduardo Valle shared five deceleration drills that are helpful for just about any type of athletes, but especially in the rotational realm we live in on a daily basis.
4. 4 Training Principles to Make the Most of Your Speed Work – There’s a heavy bias toward contralateral pressing and rowing in today’s strength and community world, and as Ethan Dyer (again!) shared in this article, we need to give ipsilateral options some love.
5. Wall March Variations for the Win – Wall marches are drills that have been used commonly over the years in the strength and conditioning and track and field communities. Unfortunately, many coaches don’t appreciate how much you can build on the basic wall march to teach a number of different movement competencies. In this article, Dylan Lidge shared some of our favorite variations on this classic drill.
I’ll be back soon with more highlights from 2022.
Sign-up Today for our FREE Newsletter and receive a four-part video series on how to deadlift!