Skip to content
- 1 scoop (40g) BPN Nutter Bar Blast Protein Powder
- ¼ cup (30g) all purpose flour
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup (113g) unsweetened applesauce*
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar free granular sweetener (more or less to taste)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar (50g), crushed
*I used unsweetened applesauce to keep these moist without having to add a lot of fat/oil. You can sub mashed banana, canned pumpkin puree, or even yogurt.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large bowl, whisk together protein powder, sweetener, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Gently stir together until a smooth batter is formed. Add the crushed Butterfinger and fold into the batter.
- Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into a piping bag or small ziploc bag. Cut the end and pipe the batter into the donut pan to make 5 donuts.
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes. Be careful not to overbake or they will dry out. Once cooked, let completely cool.
- Mix the chocolate glaze in a separate bowl. Make sure to whisk together until smooth. On a separate plate/bowl, add the crushed Butterfinger.
- Dip each donut in the chocolate glaze and then into the crushed Butterfinger. Enjoy!
Yield: 5 donuts
Nutrition per donut (without glaze/topping): 125 calories, 8 protein, 16 carbs, 4 fat, 1 fiber, 8 sugar
Nutrition per donut (with glaze/topping): 190 calories, 13 protein, 23 carbs, 6 fat, 2 fiber, 12 sugar
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments);if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n; n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0';n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e);s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js');